Web Developer - Remote to AZ/TX residents
SwitchThink is financial technology company owned by Desert Financial Credit Union. We’re a leader in building, integrating and hosting banking technologies; and our development, infrastructure, and IT experts work with clients nationwide to help them transform through digital technology. In 4 short years, we’re already servicing over 70 credit unions nationwide (including Desert Financial). We are GROWING LIKE CRAZY!
What will the day to day will look like:
The Web Developer is expected to assist in the development and implementation of basic to moderately complex internet and intranet applications. Under the direction of senior staff, begins to learn business requirements analysis, presentation of options to clients, database development and web module design. Web Developer I has basic knowledge of web technologies but work is guided by senior developers, guidelines and templates. They also must adhere to the team’s development practice and follow all processes and procedures.
- Responsible for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining web based applications across multiple products and organizational units by using guidelines, templates and predetermined processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and resolves web application issues
- Research technical problems and suggests improvements for web applications
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
What we need from you:
- 1 year experience
- Specific type of related experience required for this role: Experience in web programming, specifically planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units. Deep expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications and programming languages such as HTML, ASP.Net, AJAX. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Specific type of related experience preferred for this role: Experience working in the Credit Union industry.
- Working knowledge of web development languages (e.g., HTML, ASP.Net, AJAX)
- Ability to test in all phases of development
- Understanding of Agile development process
- Ability to foster an environment that promotes the exchange of information and successful
- accomplishment of shared goals with business stakeholders, IT service peers, and vendor partners.
- Analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service skills.
Why you'll love working here...
A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Backed by a $7.4BIL Credit Union, SwitchThink offers the security of an established tech firm with the benefit of being able to innovate and thrive in a Start-Up environment! .
- An award-winning culture! (Voted #2 Best Place to Work by Phoenix Business Journal)
- Amazing Health Benefits! (100% paid Dental and Vision coverage!!)
- 100% PAID tuition at ASU (and existing student loan repayment program)
- Competitive Salary plus Annual Employee Salary Bonus, 401K match and additional annual 401K contribution
- and a WHOLE LOT MORE!! Learn more about our benefits Here: (https://jobs.desertfinancial.com/our-benefits)
- Generous remote-work opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Strong company values that we truly live by and actively support
- We encourage technical training, attending conferences, leadership training, lunch and learns, and we provide you subscriptions such as Pluralsight, CBT Nuggets, MSDN, and more...
- Ability to bring forward recommendations for new tools, projects, and processes within a highly collaborative and supportive environment
.... if it means supporting your career development – Count us in!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.