Web Application Developer III
The Web Applications Developer III plays a critical role in creating and enhancing next-gen digital products across all aspects of Credit Union banking and lending. Your job: develop, implement, and maintain web-based systems and applications, including troubleshooting and solving complicated software issues, suggest solutions / improvements for web applications, analyze and integrate new web products/technologies with existing web applications and help lead assigned development work efforts/initiatives.
What you will do here:
- Lead the design / architecture of projects to find the best solution to meet project / request requirements. Lead and complete the development, developer testing, implementation of web based applications and integrations across multiple products and organizational units by using guidelines, templates, standards and procedures meeting the agreed upon architecture / design.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex web application issues and research technical problems and suggests improvements for web applications and standards.
- Follow SDLC processes and participate in Agile / SCRUM meetings, tasking / sizing work, offering alternative solutions to meet requirements and escalating issues throughout the sprint. Work with team to breakdown stories if needed to ensure they are sprint sized deliverables and apply effort to ensure stories are completed as agreed upon during the sprint planning sessions.
- Research technical problems and suggests improvements for web applications, Make technology and architectural suggestions, and strives to continuously improve our technologies, quality, efficiency and standards.
- Provides training and mentoring for the development team. Be a reference and resource for training Interns and Web App Dev I and IIs to ensure development remains on track.
- Participate in peer/code reviews to assist the architect
- Learn and integrate new technologies and support the implementation of new standards / process changes.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 years experience in web programming, specifically planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units. Deep expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications and programming languages required.
- 2 years experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and providing technical coaching and mentoring required.
- Experience working in the Credit Union or Financial industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and best practices (e.g. SOLID principles) and their use in client-side web applications, interfaces and databases required.
- Expertise using Web API or RESTful web services required.
- Demonstrated competency using JS Frameworks (vue.js, react), Dependency Injection, Object Relational Mapper (Entity Framework), and Content Management System (Sitecore, Wordpress) preferred.
- Strong understanding of test driven development, unit test and integration test development preferred.
- Ability to participate in and foster an environment that promotes collaboration, the exchange of information and successful accomplishment of shared goals with business stakeholders, IT service peers, and vendor partners required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks and demonstrate solid decision making while under pressure required.
- Analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently on assigned tasks while using strong judgement and decision making to raise issues / ask questions / escalate and timebox for efficiency required.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and communication including strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to adhere to standards and processes and contribute to them including for development, the SDLC, Agile/SCRUM and security required.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% required.
- Microsoft Certifications preferred.
- PCI or ITIL Certifications preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers, and benefits visit: http://www.desertfinancial.com/careers.