Technical Project Management Coordinator
SwitchThink Solutions is a subsidiary of Desert Financial Credit Union, and we are a leader in the credit union space. We are categorized as an IT Services CUSO (Credit Union Service Organization), which has been offering technology solutions to help credit unions, including Desert Financial, achieve their digital transformation goals. Our development, infrastructure, and IT operations experts work together with our clients to maximize the benefits of technology to speed results. In 4 short years, we are already servicing over 70 credit unions nationwide and we are GROWING LIKE CRAZY!
What will the day to day will look like:
The Delivery Project Coordinator is responsible for tracking assigned projects utilizing the processes, guidelines, systems, templates and forms set forth by Client Delivery. The Delivery Project Coordinator is expected to manage several concurrent delivery projects and provide oversight on activities assigned to the project teams (typically 5-10 people). In addition, the Delivery Project Coordinator is expected to report progress and issues on projects to the Delivery Organization and lead by example in presence, communication, and professionalism
- Work with SwitchThink clients and IT teams to understand, document and communicate conversion project progress, issues, technical requirements, landmarks, deliverables, and estimates.
- Track completion of tasks for client system connectivity, vendor interfaces, file exchanges, operations Readiness, integration, configuration, and testing.
- Act as technical liaison with architecture, engineering, operations and development teams. Support the technical team with issue resolution using technical acumen and asking probing questions.
- Manage cross-functional projects with some or all of the following technologies: Windows or Linux-based operating systems, virtualization, distributed computing hardware technologies, network technologies (SDN, firewalls, load balancers, WAN, Wifi), active directory, SAN storage and storage solutions, messaging and collaboration software, and disaster recovery services.
- Monitor and control each project by tracking, reviewing and presenting progress to project partners. To include risk and issue management, decision and action item tracking.
- Prepare for and lead project team meetings (typically 5-10 people). Including creation and distribution of meeting agendas and meeting notes.
- Assist the Delivery Director as needed, including (but not limited to): identifying and implementing delivery process improvement, reviewing Delivery Team candidate resumes and providing feedback, participating in interviews, onboarding/training new Delivery Project Employees, and partnering with other members of the PMO to identify best practices and new project management trends and ideas.
- 2 years of experience Project Coordination experience in IT and/or Financial Services.
- Confident leading small to medium sized project teams and meetings.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once with minimal oversight.
- Robust communication skills and ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels of staff and management. Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point, Project, SharePoint, and Visio).
Why you'll love working here...
A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Backed by a $7.4BIL Credit Union, SwitchThink offers the security of an established tech firm with the benefit of being able to innovate and thrive in a Start-Up environment! .
- An award-winning culture! (Voted #2 Best Place to Work by Phoenix Business Journal)
- Amazing Health Benefits! (100% paid Dental and Vision coverage!!)
- 100% PAID tuition at ASU (and existing student loan repayment program)
- Competitive Salary plus Annual Employee Salary Bonus, 401K match and additional annual 401K contribution
- and a WHOLE LOT MORE!! Learn more about our benefits Here: (https://jobs.desertfinancial.com/our-benefits)
- Supportive team environment
- Strong company values that we truly live by and actively support
- We encourage technical training, attending conferences, leadership training, lunch and learns, and we provide you subscriptions such as Pluralsight, CBT Nuggets, MSDN, and more...
- Ability to bring forward recommendations for new tools, projects, and processes within a highly collaborative and supportive environment
.... if it means supporting your career development – Count us in!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.