Talent Operations Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Operations Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely transition of candidates to new hires in preparation for their day-one onboarding with Desert Financial. This role will also support in the development, evolution and oversight of processes, procedures and programs within Talent Acquisition that support both our internal and external recruitment strategies.
What you will do here:
- Manage onboarding steps for transitioning candidates to new hires, including welcome emails, IT logistics, onboarding instructions, status tracking and the accurate processing of new hires within the onboarding and HCM modules.
- Oversee New Hire background screening process from initiation to approval. Manage vendor to ensure SLA’s around turnaround time and accuracy are met. Escalate discrepancies to appropriate HR channels for review and final approval. Ensure appropriate recipients are notified of New Hire status in preparation for Day-One Orientation.
- Conduct research to evolve best practices and recommend solutions to improve procedures and increase efficiencies in Talent Acquisition related processes and programs. Leverage data to support recommendations related to process/program improvement.
- Collaborate with various operational and functional stakeholders outside of Talent Acquisition e.g. Marketing, Communications, HR, and HRIS to support in the design, planning, and execution of employer branding.
- Responsible for maintaining and auditing HR department records, including but not limited to employee hard and electronic files, staff I-9 documentation and proper tracking of contingent workers
- Partner with support teams (IT, Finance, Payroll, Legal) to ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are maintained
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What you will need:
- H.S. Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or similar field or equivalent experience in Human Resource related role preferred.
- 2 - 4 years of experience managing projects/tasks in an independent manner required.
- 1 years of experience in Human Resources department executing HR practices and procedures required.
- Intermediate – Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of database and/or information systems required.
- Intermediate organizational skills required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of regulatory and compliance tasks including, but not limited to, document retention, labor poster compliance, etc. preferred.
Why you'll love working here:
- Award winning culture -Voted #2 Best Place to Work by Phoenix Business Journal
- Amazing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance benefits along with 401K employer matching!
- 100% PAID tuition at ASU, and monthly contribution towards paying-off existing student loans
- Time off for Parental/Elderly Care
- Money for your kids’ extracurricular activities
- 16 paid volunteer hours per year
- and a WHOLE LOT MORE!!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers, and benefits visit: http://www.desertfinancial.com/careers.