Service Desk Specialist IT
Rethink what’s possible with SwitchThink! SwitchThink Solutions is an IT Services CUSO from Desert Financial.
As a collaborative partner for innovation, SwitchThink Solutions offers technology solutions that help credit unions achieve their transformational goals. Our knowledgeable development, infrastructure, and IT operations experts work hand-in-hand with our clients to maximize the benefits of their technology and speed their results.
The Service Desk Specialist I is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware or software to clients over the phone, online, or in person. This department performs the majority of system and application account administration duties to internal and external users. The Service Desk Specialist I is responsible for resolving issues utilizing excellent customer service, problem solving, and technical reasoning skills.
What you will do here:
- Provide support to end users on a variety of technology issues over the phone, through email, in person, and online chat. Perform remote troubleshooting using diagnostic tools and techniques to resolve technical issues within required service levels. Research, troubleshoot, and document unresolved issues; escalate them to the next level of support personnel. Maintain ownership of issues from open to resolution.
- Perform system and application account administration duties to internal and external users. Accurately log all Service Desk tickets and work efforts using the defined tracking software. Oversight for all service delivery of service requests from incident identification to resolution.
- Responsible for communicating system outages or impairments to the organization per established guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for deploying and supporting mobile phones for employees. Working with the vendor to order equipment and resolve issues.
- Accountable for shift supporting 24/7 monitoring of system activity to ensure systems are performing appropriately and any outstanding issues have been addressed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What you will need:
H.S. Diploma or GED required.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science, in related IT major required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, in IT related major preferred.
1 years of experience in a Help Desk environment supporting internal and/or external clients required.
2 - 4 years of experience in a Help Desk environment supporting internal and/or external clients preferred.
Basic knowledge in any or all of the following technologies: Windows Servers, Active Directory, Exchange, System Center, SharePoint, Server Virtualization, Storage Area Networks, Databases, Programming Languages required.
Must be able to effectively manage time by analyzing workload, assigning priorities, and maintaining focus on productive endeavors required.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills appropriate to all levels of the organization required.
Requires the ability to use multiple online computer applications/systems with technical proficiency.
Highly organized and independent, able to multi task and stay organized in managing client needs
Microsoft Certification preferred.
HDI Certification preferred.
CompTIA A Certification preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers and benefits visit www.switchthink.com/careers