Senior Network Engineer (Architect)
SwitchThink Solutions is a subsidiary of Desert Financial Credit Union, and we are a leader in the credit union space. We are categorized as an IT Services CUSO (Credit Union Service Organization), which has been offering technology solutions to help credit unions, including Desert Financial, achieve their digital transformation goals. Our development, infrastructure, and IT operations experts work together with our clients to maximize the benefits of technology to speed results.??In 4 short years, we are already servicing over 70 credit unions nationwide and we are GROWING LIKE CRAZY!
What the day to day looks like:
The Network Architect will provide Consulting, Design, and Support Services for all STS clients. This includes meeting with clients and/or STS peers to design network solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing network infrastructure. The Network Architect is responsible for network design and support across multiple data centers and will include the development of Architectural Standards and Operational Run Books with the purpose to transition day-to-day responsibilities to the Network Operations team. This role is also responsible for planning future changes to the environment to increase functionality, improve efficiencies, support refresh cycles, and/or reduce operational costs. The position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the network architecture.
- Lead technical discussions required to support the Enterprise Network Infrastructure (Local and Wide Area Network) design needs. This includes defining requirements and creating a design, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing and potential new systems/configurations.
- Provide leadership with recommendations that designate a specific direction for the architecture in terms of design, standards, implementation, operations, and maintenance. These recommendations will be documented listing out costs, advantages, and disadvantages, as well as results from any Proof-of-Concept exercises, completed.
- Research and track new technologies. Develop a roadmap for the Enterprise network infrastructure that will include plans to enhance functionality, replace end-of-life infrastructure, and/or increase operational efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Plan the installation and implementation of various Enterprise network infrastructures. This includes developing an implementation plan, identifying resource requirements, and developing support documentation. In addition, the Network Architect is responsible for training and mentoring team members on the skills required to support the implementation plan and operational support needs.
- Acts as an escalation point in troubleshooting Network infrastructure issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 10 years experience with Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.), Network Protocols (TCP/IP, MPLS, iSCSI and Fiber Channel), QoS, Network Management, Routers, Switches, Security/Firewalls, Load Balancers, NX-OS
- Demonstrated expertise in industry-standard design principles and best practices
- Demonstrated expertise using Microsoft Office Suite( Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio)
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, math, or a related field
- 3 years experience in an Architect related role, Storage, Server/Platform, Backups
- 1 years experience in the Financial Services industry
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas.
Why you'll love working here...
A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Backed by a $7.4BIL Credit Union, SwitchThink offers the security of an established tech firm with the benefit of being able to innovate and thrive in a Start-Up environment!
- An award-winning culture! (Voted #2 Best Place to Work by Phoenix Business Journal)
- Amazing Health Benefits! (100% paid Dental and Vision coverage!!)
- 100% PAID?tuition at ASU (and existing student loan repayment program)
- Money for your kids’ extracurricular activities
and a WHOLE LOT MORE!! Learn more about our benefits Here: (https://jobs.desertfinancial.com/our-benefits)
- Generous Remote Opportunities
- We encourage technical training, attending conferences, leadership training, lunch and learns, and provide you subscriptions such as Pluralsight, CBT Nuggets, MSDN, and more...
- Ability to bring forward recommendations for new tools, projects, and processes within a highly collaborative and supportive environment
.... if it means supporting your career development – Count us in!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate?on the basis of?race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.