Secondary Market Mortgage Analyst
The Secondary Market department is responsible for all aspects of pipeline management, investor reporting, and mortgage accounting for all first mortgage loans. The Secondary Market Analyst is an experienced individual responsible for overseeing rate sheets, secondary market reporting, and supporting lock desk workflow by utilizing the pricing engine and investor websites. The Secondary Market Analyst handles higher-level dollar commitments and possesses the required experience to know when to execute strategies. The incumbent will support Secondary Market functions regarding reporting, policies, procedures, and implementation with all set forth guidelines.
What you will do here:
- Administers all secondary market duties that aid the selling and purchasing of loans. Logs information related to loan sales, purchases, securities, and investments.
- Assist mortgage loan officers and processors in handling complex issues which include; loan pricing, delivery execution, and document follow up.
- Monitor and manage alerts for the Define mortgage million pipeline ($50 million - $100 million) which includes but not limited to notifying lender(s) of any fallout loans and/or commitment issues, supporting the set-up for new commitments, monitoring existing commitments, audit checkpoints and general ledger reconciliations.
- Lock loans with investors; research and completes re-locks; revise lock and extension requests in a timely and professional manner. Communicates with investors, monitors investor(s) pipeline for all open commitments and initiates extensions and pair-offs as needed.
- Forecast and analyze data to identify the potential for process improvements, trends and/or risks. Analyze current market conditions and forecast the management of risk and hedging. Evaluate and review price exceptions in accordance with established policies.
- Assist the Vice President of Finance and the Secondary Market Manager with target and margin management, Senior Management reports, updating guidelines and other special projects.
- Support the management of Secondary Market research activities including but not limited to qualitative data, analyzing market data, and the competitive landscape to identify opportunities to increase competitiveness.
- Create, compile and distribute the daily rate sheet, track competitive rates, process miscellaneous AM and PM reports. Responsible for the quarterly call report for Define.
- Ensure the accurate and meticulous input of pricing information data into both our operating systems, Keystone and Great Plains. Monitor Fannie Mae announcements and how they will impact loan-level price adjustments, pricing, deliveries etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent years of experience, required.
- 3 years of experience in the Mortgage industry and/or Secondary Market.
- Experience with Pricing Structures, Gain/Loss Reporting, and/or Accounting GL's and Finance Analytics.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong computer literacy, data entry, & typing skills.
- Member service skills and a service-oriented mentality. Ability to multi-task and prioritize to effectively meet deadlines/ goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
- Communication skills – ability to effectively communicate and present information both in person and over the phone; effective written and verbal communication.
- Basic knowledge of finance & accounting principles.
- FICS – LP system preferred.
- Open/Close LOS.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers, and benefits visit: http://www.desertfinancial.com/careers.