Quality Assurance Analyst III
Rethink what’s possible with SwitchThink! SwitchThink Solutions is an IT Services CUSO from Desert Financial.
As a collaborative partner for innovation, SwitchThink Solutions offers technology solutions that help credit unions achieve their transformational goals. Our knowledgeable development, infrastructure, and IT operations experts work hand-in-hand with our clients to maximize the benefits of their technology and speed their results.
The Quality Assurance Analyst III is responsible for ensuring new products, enhancements, and upgrades meet quality standards as they are released from development to production. Implement new testing tools including the training and development of test automation within the group. Drive and implement industry best practices for the QA team. Extensive collaboration with the testing team, project managers, business analyst, systems analysts, product managers, product owners and developers is required to ensure product/solutions are thoroughly tested within established timelines to ensure high quality releases.
What you will do here:
- Evaluate and drive the implementation of test automation tools and collaborate on and build processes to execute automated testing when applicable. Maintain, expand, and train on test automation tools for added efficiency as apps are added/updated. Evaluate and recommend tools as needed to make the QA process more efficient.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application or system performance from both a business and technological perspective. Translate business and functional requirements into test cases ensuring they meet the business and system requirements, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues. Ensure test coverage accounts for positive and negative testing, cross browser and device testing, as well as functional testing. Create and maintain a catalog of regression test cases for applications. Identify and log defects, work with development or vendors to resolve, and verify fixes when implemented.
- Create, document and maintain testing measures, tools and standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications. As the SME drive and implement best practices for QA processes including template creation for test cases, reporting for defect management and metrics, and improving the QA practice in the Agile / Sprint process. Oversee the integration of testing tools to JIRA (and other systems), establish classification process for severity of defects and finding an acceptable work around, creation of stories to resolve defects, and the creation of release documentation including defects that will be included in the release. Oversee the process improvement for test cycles. Report on and create process to manage defects vs missed requirements vs scope changes as well as repeat QA findings. Utilize reporting and issue tracking software to deliver visibility into testing progress.
- Serve as a SME to train and coach around QA best practices with testing teams, developers and business. Collaborate with developers, other testers and/or vendors in application testing and testing methods required. Leverage tools (SQL, WINSQL,etc) for common data retrieval needs required for testing and test validation. Take ownership of project deliverables, keep track of schedules, and releases. Coordinate with business partners to complete User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and production checkout.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management. Participate in the IT Change Control Process, following all document practice and guidelines for new and existing technologies. Identify and raise risks as early as possible in the software development life cycle.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- CSM - ScrumMaster Certification, BA - Business Analyst Certification, or PMP - Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Understanding of standard application testing.
- Understanding of procedures and testing practices.
- Understanding and experience using, managing and implementing test automation tools / software.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience working with developers in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and quality assurance methodologies.
- Ability to create SQL queries to pull / validate data.
- Experience working with an Agile/SCRUM software development team preferred.
- Experience in technical writing and creating technical documentation preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers and benefits visit www.switchthink.com/careers
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: a7500af1-eaf9-4e00-8071-777b8d9fa422