Mortgage Lending Processor
Define Mortgage Solutions is a full-service mortgage lending company. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Desert Financial Credit Union, Define has 75 years of history of providing exceptional borrower experiences. As a member of our team you will have access top notch training and mentoring programs focused on continuous learning and personal development. Our culture is focused on relationships and we believe in sharing success with our customers, our community and our team!
The Mortgage Lending Processor is responsible for a full range of mortgage loan processing functions from accepting originated loan applications, through ensuring the loan package is fully prepared for closing. The Mortgage Lending Processor interacts frequently with borrowers, real estate agents and third parties to ensure all requirements are met and the loan funds on time, creating a superior borrower experience.
- Review received loan files to ensure validity and/or substantiate income for cash levels in accordance with established guidelines and mitigate the potential for unnecessary loss. Calculate income from a variety of sources and income types.
- Assess appraisal reports to ensure collateral eligibility. Review preliminary title report to ensure all necessary requirements are met for title insurance and lien perfection.
- Ensure all borrower, credit, and collateral documents submitted are accurate, compliant, and relevant, in accordance with investor guidelines, and the file is adequately documented and prepared for underwriting and loan approval. Organize and assemble documentation in accordance with Fannie Mae and other investor requirements.
- Validate source data to verify completeness and accuracy by assessing the documentation and services necessary for approval. Relay any additional items needed if applicable. Ensure all borrower disclosures have been provided within the required time frames and are accurate and within acceptable tolerances.
- Maintain regular communication with borrowers, loan officers, internal staff, title companies, real estate agents, and other third parties, to respond to inquiries, resolve problems and ensure the timely closing of loans in order to provide a superior borrower experience.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
High School Diploma or GED.
1 year(s) of Mortgage Processing experience
Understanding of Conventional and Government mortgage lending guidelines, principals and practices.
Ability to effectively communicate and present information both in person and over the phone; effective written and verbal communication.
Effective time management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task throughout the day.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to work under tight deadlines and to meet those deadlines accurately and effectively.
Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish, preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers and benefits visit www.desertfinancial.com/careers
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: f665e5f0-c170-478e-a981-24591a7e2f81