Mortgage and Consumer Lending Compliance Analyst
Responsible for driving initiatives to support the credit union's adherence with regulations, policies, and procedures relating to lending compliance. Executes the Fair Lending Compliance Program for Desert Financial and Define Mortgage. Develops statistical models designed to assess Fair Lending risk. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements. Performs monitoring and assessments of compliance related risk and fair lending analysis.
What you will do here:
- Creates, modifies, and maintains statistical models for Fair Lending analysis of First Mortgage and Consumer Lending products. Performs quantitative analysis of loan portfolios and comparative file reviews. Reviews policy, guidelines, and exception reports to ensure Fair Lending compliance. Provides expert analysis of findings.
- Applies advanced knowledge to research and analyze compliance regulations, staying abreast of changes. Provides regulatory subject matter expertise to lines of business and consults on lending related compliance inquiries. Escalates any compliance concerns to the Sr. Compliance Director.
- Monitors for fair lending compliance in loss mitigation applications, commercial lending, and commercial loan workouts.
- Reviews and approves marketing material to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Conducts compliance reviews and risk assessments. Assists lines of business with remediating issues identified.
- Translates results into effective communication materials to present Fair Lending reporting for all levels of leadership, including senior management and the Board of Directors. Prepares materials for audits and exams.
- Maintains RATA Comply software and ensures data integrity.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
This might be right for you if you have...
High School Diploma or GED
5 Years of Experience performing Consumer and/or Mortgage lending responsibilities (at least 2 years Mortgage experience)
4 Years of Compliance experience, preferably Lending Compliance
Microsoft Office (specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
Strong oral and written communication skills
Detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) or NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO) designation acquired within 120 Days required.
Certified Mortgage Compliance Professional (CMCP) designation acquired within 1 year required.
Bonus points if you have...
Bachelor's Degree in General business, finance, legal studies, or a related field. May substitute education with 7 years of consumer/mortgage lending responsibilities
Working knowledge of RATA Comply (fair lending software)
We are considered leaders in the local credit union space, and we are growing like crazy. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continuous learning...and our people love it. A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Come find out why! Learn more at https://www.switchthink.com/careers
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.