Managing Director (VP/COO) - Mortgage CUSO
The Managing Director (VP/COO), Define Mortgage Solutions is responsible for the overall operation of the organization and the successful implementation of the strategic plan of Define Mortgage Solutions, a credit union service organization (CUSO). Reporting to the CEO, Define Mortgage Solutions, the Managing Director is responsible for overall performance of the CUSO to include Sales, Originations Processing, Servicing and Collections functions and developing and executing the organizations overall Strategic Plan. The incumbent will develop strategies supporting the CUSO goal of expanding through supporting credit unions for originations and servicing and is responsible for the overall financial performance of the organization. Additionally, this role is responsible for maintaining high levels of employee, member and client satisfaction in accordance with the organization's mission, vision, and values.
What you will do here:
- Overseeing Lending Sales, Originations Processing, Servicing and Collections areas of the organization, creates a Culture of Performance by providing leadership to the Define Mortgage team maintaining high levels of employee engagement, ensuring an exceptional borrower experience, and maintaining high customer satisfaction scores.
- Responsible for developing and executing organizational sales and service strategies that result in sustainable enhancements and growth, achieving targets, strategy, goal setting and financial budget plans to grow the CUSO.
- Works with Capital Markets to enhance competitive product offerings to increase sales production and enhance work environment through products or services to complement current offerings
- Develops and executes outside sales and purchase strategies, identifying growth opportunities and supporting the statewide expansion of the credit union.
- With a thorough understanding of lending policies, loan process, risk assessment, risk assessment, market analytics, business development, portfolio management and an expert understanding of lending operations stays abreast of industry trends and ensures full compliance with policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or equivalent work or education related experience required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- More than 10 years of Mortgage CUSO or Wholesale Mortgage Experience in addition to leadership experience required.
- Experience working in progressively responsible financial institution leadership positions in Mortgage operations / industry required.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills at a C suite level required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in compliance and federal regulation issues for the mortgage industry required.
- Effective and clear communication skills including open and direct verbal communication, clear and concise business writing, effective presentation skills, and good listening skills required.
- Developing effective working relationships; fostering teamwork and building relationships required.
- Demonstrates cognitive and behavioral flexibility required.
- NMLS - Nationwide Multistate Licensing System preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers, and benefits visit: http://www.desertfinancial.com/careers.