IT Project Manager II - ST
The IT Project Manager II is responsible for managing assigned projects utilizing the processes, guidelines, systems, templates and forms set forth by the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). The IT Project Manager II is expected to manage several medium-complexity projects simultaneously and lead medium sized project teams (10-20 people), as well as drive outcomes through managed partners. In addition, the Project Manager II is expected to be a leader within the EPMO and therefore lead by example in presence, communication, and professionalism.
Projects typically involve the set-up, configuration, testing and implementation of network, hardware and/or software assets in support of financial institution clients. The information technology environment may be deployed on-premise, hosted or cloud and project management activities frequently involve orchestrating internal and 3rd party resources
What you will do here:
- Work with cross-functional business clients and IT teams to understand and document project objectives, scope, requirements, milestone, deliverables, schedule and cost estimates. Coordinate vendor evaluations and demonstrations; and support vendor negotiations, vendor deliverable tracking and invoice processing (when applicable).
- Monitor and control each project by tracking, reviewing and communicating progress to project stakeholders. To include risk and issue management, decision and action item tracking.
- Prepare for and lead project team meetings. Including creation and distribution of meeting agendas and meeting notes.
- Participate in continual process improvement within the EPMO and acts as a mentor to the EPMO team
- Stays abreast of current project management trends and makes recommendations for self-development
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Technology or related field
- 5 years’ experience in Project management. Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple medium complexity projects at once
- Information technology and/or banking/financial industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels of staff and management
- Confidence in leading medium sized project teams and meetings
- Attention to detail and ability to work across functions
- Ability to prioritize work within time constraints
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong relationship-building and customer service skills
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point, Project, SharePoint, and/or Visio)
- Experience working with HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM) and Atlassian JIRA
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers, and benefits visit https://www.switchthink.com/Careers