Intern - Web Development
The Web Development Intern is responsible for contributing to the development, maintenance, integration and documentation of web-based systems. They will assist and be assigned tasks for initiatives that will expose them to working as part of an Agile Development team, working through the SDLC, working across IT teams / disciplines and understanding various tools and software architectures – maximizing both their time with us as intern and contributing to the needs of SwitchThink Solutions.
What you will do here:
- Collaborate across teams to help create documentation, diagrams, training / operational materials and assist in proof of concepts for new technologies, integrations and process improvements. Learn and extend knowledge of different technologies, vendor applications, integrations, industry standards and coding practices. Use every opportunity as a learning experience.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve issues, working and escalating to include others as needed. Timebox / ask for assistance when needed to ensure work remains on track and that it is completed according to the standards.
- Participate in collaboration sessions on the design / architecture of projects to find the best solution to meet project / request requirements. Working with supervision, complete assigned development, developer testing, implementation of web based applications and integrations using standards and procedures to meet the agreed upon architecture / design. Apply standards for code reviews and the SDLC practice.
- Follow SDLC processes and participate in Agile / SCRUM meetings, tasking / sizing work, participating to find alternative solutions to meet requirements and escalating issues throughout the sprint. Work with team to breakdown stories as needed to ensure they are sprint sized deliverables and apply effort to ensure stories are completed as agreed upon during the sprint planning sessions.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Must be earning a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Foundational knowledge of of object-oriented programming concepts and best practices (SOLID principles, etc) and their use in client-side web applications, interfaces and databases required.
- Awareness of SOA design, Rest API's, service development and reuse (.NET Core, WCF, ASMX, etc.) required.
- Ability to participate in and foster an environment that promotes collaboration, the exchange of information and successful accomplishment of shared goals with business stakeholders, IT service peers, and vendor partners required.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and communication including strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks and escalate to meet established deadlines required.
- Ability to adhere to standards and processes including for development, the SDLC, Agile/SCRUM and security required.
- Awareness of Agile / SCRUM development practices and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) required.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a constant desire to grow, learn and explore a variety of new things and technologies with the ability to think creatively to solve problems required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
- Experience with web based content management systems (WordPress, DotNetNuke, etc) and how they work is helpful preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers, and benefits visit: http://www.desertfinancial.com/careers.