Estate Planning Specialist - Sales for Flagstaff - Prescott Territory
Who you are…
As one of our Estate Planning Specialist you will act as an independent estate planning consultant to members (and non-members). They will provide education in order to assist members with performing a needs-based assessment to determine the estate planning documents the member prefers to facilitate their estate planning goals and long-term financial needs, with the goal of improving the status of financial estates for their beneficiaries or charitable giving recipients. This position will be expected to successfully achieve expected sales goals in the Flagstaff, Prescott and Payson Territories!
Come and be a part of the journey with Desert Financial Credit Union, "Voted A Best Place to Work"!
The Estate Planning Specialist does not provide legal advice, but rather provides services, including, without limitation, assisting with the completion of documents necessary to facilitate their estate planning goals (e.g., revocable living trusts, wills, powers of attorney, healthcare and/or medical directives, LLC, and deeds). The candidate shall understand and comply with Arizona Code of Judicial Administration, Part 7: Administrative Office of the Courts, Chapter 2: Certification and Licensing Programs, Section 7-208: Legal Document Preparer and Section 7-201: General Requirements.
A typical week might include the following...
- Consults with members to independently identify their estate planning needs and goals in order to provide education and information to help the member determine the products and solutions that meet their estate planning needs and expectations. Provide education in such a way that clients may make an informed decision about their estate planning needs.
- Develops strategic sales plans within assigned territory. Networks and grows referral base by engaging in daily sales calls, maintaining active involvement in community events and organizations, and conducting regular educational seminars. Regularly attends branch meetings and conducts one-one-one employee coaching to present Wills and Trusts Products and Services to enhance referral quality. Keeps management and internal staff informed of the status of prospects, new business opportunities and referrals.
- Delivers exceptional service through client and internal service interactions that are in the best interest of the member. Ensures timely processing, accurate documentation, and communication with internal and external partners throughout all phases of estate planning.
- Maintains expert knowledge of Wills and Trusts products and services. Attends educational programs to further develop knowledge base. Acts as ‘trainee’ under the judicial code to work toward obtaining LDP certification. Once CLDP obtained, maintain compliance with all Arizona CLDP regulations including ensuring completion of applicable Continuing Education (CE) hours each year.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This role might be for you if you have...
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2-4 years of Sales experience in the Financial or Estate Planning industry.
- Proven success in a sales environment.
- Ability to present to small and large groups.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization.
Bonus points if you have...
- Certification will be required upon completion of training period under the LDP Arizona Code (varies based on education level).
- Notary state certification.
We are considered leaders in the local credit union space, and we are growing like crazy. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continuous learning...and our people love it. A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Come find out why! Learn more at jobs.desertfinancial.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.