SwitchThink?is financial technology company owned by Desert Financial Credit Union. We’re a leader in building, integrating, and hosting banking technologies; and our development, infrastructure, and IT experts work with clients nationwide to help them transform through digital technology. In 4 short years, we’re already servicing over 70 credit unions nationwide (including Desert Financial). We are GROWING LIKE CRAZY!?
What will the day to day will look?like:?
The Database Developer II position plays a critical role in in creating and enhancing next-gen digital products across all aspects of Credit Union banking and lending. Your job: Collaborate to design and then develop, implement, and optimize critical databases, processes and reports to achieve business goals and support the development team.
- Create, maintain, and optimize data designs, application databases, stored procedures, functions, inline SQL, database structures, ETL/ SSIS processes and SSRS or Power BI reports. Understand and apply best practices for database development across the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including code reviews, source control and deployments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex database issues, test coded program routines, and make revisions to eliminate errors. Maintain existing code and refactor to increase maintainability, performance, and responsiveness.
- Work with the Product Owners and team to gather, analyze and document business / technical requirements and impacts of requests, clarify the acceptance criteria and adapt to changes in needs and requirements.
- Coach the team on database development, testing / QA for databases and research software, tools and standards to solve issues or for efficiency improvements in the SDLC for database development. Participate in building and applying standards / processes for database development, Agile and SDLC practices.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What we need from you:?
- Bachelor's degree in technical / related field
- 3 - 5 years consecutive hands-on professional database development
- Experience in database development using SQL, SSRS, SSIS including mid-level or higher knowledge of SSIS processes (creating, updating, troubleshooting, etc), using variables and templates for packages including to call and leverage Web Services and SSRS reporting including leveraging variables, tabbed reports, dynamic data - ideally in an Agile / SCRUM development environment.
Why you'll love working here...?
A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Backed by a $7.4BIL Credit Union,?SwitchThink?offers the security of an established tech firm with the benefit of being able to innovate and thrive in a Start-Up environment!?
?????? We offer...?
- An award-winning culture!?(Voted #2 Best Place to Work by Phoenix Business Journal)?
- Amazing Health Benefits!?(100% paid Dental and Vision coverage!!)?
- 100% PAID tuition at ASU?(and existing student loan repayment program)?
- Competitive Salary plus Annual Employee Salary Bonus, 401K match and additional annual 401K contribution?
and a WHOLE LOT MORE!!?Learn more about our benefits Here:?(https://jobs.desertfinancial.com/our-benefits)?
- Generous remote-work opportunities
- Supportive team environment?
- Strong company values that we truly live by and actively support?
- We encourage technical training, attending conferences, leadership training, lunch and learns, and we provide you subscriptions such as Pluralsight, CBT Nuggets, MSDN, and more...?
- Ability to bring forward recommendations for new tools, projects, and processes within a highly collaborative and supportive environment?
?????????....?if it means supporting your career development – Count us in!??
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate?on the basis of?race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.?