Conversion Programmer II
The Conversion Programmer will analyze data in a legacy format and construct programs and workflows that accurately perform a conversion process and transforms the data to meet Keystone requirements(Keystone is a core processing system utilized by Credit Unions). This role will map data elements, remove duplicates, create cross reference files and load data into templates for the bulk upload of data. In addition, they will be responsible for working with data owners to ensure conversion success.
What you will do here:
- Identify and convert existing data. Build queries, scripts and programs to translate the data into the required format to be imported into Keystone from the legacy database. Review extractions, analyze data, identify problems and run other required data integrity checks for accuracy.
- Build out conversion plans and tools for mapping of the data conversion process. Partner with client to confirm and validate data for accuracy and the success of the data conversion.
- Analyze existing data conversion processes for effectiveness, efficiency, and areas of improvement. Look for quick wins while performing analysis and uses these improvements to gain consensus and free up resources for additional engagement.
- Build and implement solutions to ensure that our products are implemented in a successful manner, with appropriate controls, processes, and plans in place to ensure the long-term goals of these products are met.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems or in related field required.
- 3 years of experience in writing data conversion logic in Java, scripting languages such as C , Java required.
- 3 Experience in current and legacy financial core system database concepts. Including working knowledge in a DB2 database environment preferred.
- 1 years experience working in the Credit Union industry preferred.
- Expert knowledge in the design, development and maintaining of SQL scripts, code, and queries for data translation, conversion and reporting required.
- Expert knowledge in the conversion of data from sources, using ETL processes, creating queries and scripts to transform the data into the required format. Expert understanding of IT governance as it relates to database conversions and how to ensure compliance required.
- Ability to foster an environment that promotes the exchange of information and successful accomplishment of shared goals with business stakeholders, STS service peers, and vendor partners required.
- Analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure required.
- Strong customer service skills, working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required.
- Ability to work with Banking/Credit Union related data sources preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For additional information about our organization, careers, and benefits visit: http://www.desertfinancial.com/careers.