Compliance Program Manager -Lending
The Compliance Program Manager – Lending will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Lending Compliance and Fair Lending Programs for Desert Financial Credit Union and its subsidiary, Define Mortgage Solutions. This role will be a key subject matter expert in mortgage and consumer lending regulations and provide primary regulatory support for all lending areas. This individual is responsible for driving initiatives to support the credit union's adherence with regulations, policies, and procedures relating to lending compliance and partners with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements. This role will develop statistical models designed to assess Fair Lending risk, and performs monitoring and assessments of compliance-related risk and fair lending analysis.
What you will do here:
- Creates, modifies, and maintains statistical models for Fair Lending analysis of First Mortgage and Consumer Lending products. Performs quantitative analysis of loan portfolios and comparative file reviews. Reviews and recommends changes to policies, guidelines, and exception reports to ensure Fair Lending compliance. Provides expert analysis of findings. Maintains RATA Comply software and ensures data integrity.
- Applies advanced knowledge to research and analyze compliance regulations, staying abreast of changes. Provides regulatory subject matter expertise to lines of business and consults on lending-related compliance inquiries. Escalates any compliance concerns to the Sr. Compliance Director.
- Monitors for fair lending compliance in loss mitigation applications, commercial lending, and commercial loan workouts.
- Reviews and approves marketing material to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Conducts compliance reviews and risk assessments. Evaluates efficiencies of controls and makes recommendations for improvement. Assists lines of business with remediating issues identified.
- Translates results into effective communication materials to present for Fair Lending and general compliance reporting for all levels of leadership, including senior management and the Board of Directors. Prepares materials for audits and exams; and will routinely interact with senior leadership, auditors, and examiners.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- General business, finance, legal studies, or a related field. May substitute education with 10 years of consumer/mortgage lending responsibilities
- 8 years of mortgage experience, primarily in a compliance role
Bonus Points if you have:
- 2 years of experience in Fair Lending analysis
We are considered leaders in the local credit union space, and we are growing like crazy. We’ve got a culture passionate about smarts, courtesy, continuous learning...and our people love it. A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Come find out why! Learn more at jobs.desertfinancial.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.