Community Communications Program Manager
The Community Communications Program Manager develops and creates key messaging around our organization’s community impact/involvement with all stakeholders, including members, staff, board members, and the community-at-large, for Desert Financial Credit Union and Desert Financial Foundation. By utilizing effective storytelling and best practices around corporate communication, public information, and marketing principles, the Community Communications Program Manager actively partners with multiple internal teams such as Office of Strategy Management, Marketing and Social to develop and implement communication strategies and campaigns that exemplify our mission of Sharing Success, strengthen our community relations, engages key stakeholders and provides proactive information to internal and external audiences. This critical role will identify strategic messaging opportunities, manage, and effectively use internal communication channels, coordinate potential marketing and social media content, coordinate public relations support in conjunction with our third- party advertising agency, and collaborate with Marketing to develop content for credit union external communication channels. The position works across all community development and foundation programs to create content including, but not limited to executive talking points, scripts for internal and external public events, annual community impact report, and robust and integrated communication campaigns for fundraising drives and events, volunteer recognition, corporate, community and foundation giving all supporting community and business goals.
What you will do here:
- Content Production- Write and produce high-quality content that conveys Desert Financial’s mission and purpose narrative, including program and initiative stories, impact outcome summaries, emails, blog posts, fact sheets, executive briefing materials and presentations that drive corporate positioning and brand to improve reputation, build trust, strengthen community relations, and provide proactive information.
- Communication Strategy- Develop and implement creative, engaging, and integrated communications campaigns with the goal to build awareness, inform, and engage internal team members and external stakeholders, through the development of comprehensive plans and maintenance of shared calendars for internal initiatives, awareness and fundraising campaigns, and other special projects as assigned.
- Platform/Channel Management- Manage internal community communications platforms, including writing and editing content for the intranet/internal social network platforms, email communications, video and presentation scripts, and other channels where needed.
- Team Collaboration- Drive integrated storytelling and editorial themes in collaboration with internal and external teams to reach our key audiences and help capture our purpose and impact. Work closely with key stakeholders to understand goals, offer creative thinking, proactively identify communication opportunities, recommend appropriate solutions, and develop key messages.
- Data Analytics- Review and analyze data to measure effectiveness, impact/engagement of communications programs and special projects, and use results to strengthen the planning/execution of future programs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, Mass Communications, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 years of writing and communications experience ideally in a corporate setting leveraging a storytelling approach across multiple communication channels required.
- Passion for social impact and financial wellness required.
- Executive communications experience including speech writing, media training and C-level support required.
- Strong track record in producing high-quality, compelling speeches and presentations for senior executives or industry leaders required.
- General awareness of business trends and media industry trends is also required. The desired candidate is the type of person who reads major national newspapers, magazines and websites and is conversant in the issues that define the moment required.
- High level of flexibility and creativity with the ability to solve problems and identify creative approaches to challenges required.
- Excels at working collaboratively with staff at all levels to Required execute duties; proven talent in ensuring positive, proactive, responsive relationships within and across departments required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of work quality required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.