Commercial Loan Specialist II
Who you are...
You pay attention to the details. You are diligent (almost obsessive) about doing it right the first time, especially when it comes to reviewing reports and documents such as: title reports, title endorsements, insurance certificates and insurance endorsement and FEMA flood certificates. You’re a vital part of our organization, always providing an exceptional Desert Financial experience to our customers (members), vendors, and other third parties. You bring your ‘A’ game by instantly building rapport with members and vendors, by accurately reviewing high volumes of information, communicating within tight timelines. You are extremely passionate about helping people with their financial success and guide yourself with a high level of integrity by always doing what is right.
A typical day might include the following…
- Review commercial loans and business structures to determine appropriate organizational documentation of Trust’s, LLC’s, PC’s, and Corporate entity structures and vendor reports based on property type and report findings. Review documents and determine the required documents and/or endorsements.
- Prepare loan documentation using Laser Pro software or Attorney Prepared documents based on policy and communicate with outside legal counsel and Management on document verbiage modification requests from the borrower’s legal counsel.
- Research transactions posted in the FICS Commercial Servicer process commercial loan payments, business deposits, commercial line of credit draw requests, and commercial loan payoffs.
- Manage relationships with attorneys, management companies, agents, title companies and other 3rd parties, managing borrower relationships and meeting lending needs researching commercial loan transactions, resolving borrower disputes, waiving and refund fees, executing billing and interest adjustments, and determining, updating and modifying loan terms using independent judgment.
- Audit the funding of commercial loans, booking accuracy, and collateral perfection for files assigned to both pipeline and peers; executing billing procedures and audit statements prior to release.
- Complete, document, and audit advanced GL transactions and balance GL accounts within the Great Plains accounting system.
This role might be right for you if...
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years of experience in commercial lending documentation preparation and processing.
- Experience reviewing reports and documents such as title reports, title endorsements, insurance certificates, and insurance endorsement and FEMA flood certificates.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Contact Management systems; Design software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software. You also have
- Experience using Laser Pro Commercial Loan Documentation software.
Bonus Points if...
- You have in-depth knowledge of real estate and commercial lending laws and regulations pertaining to business loans.
- Knowledge of Keystone, FICS Commercial Servicer, and Great Plains accounting systems.
We are considered leaders in the local credit union space, and we are growing like crazy. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continuous learning...and our people love it. A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Come find out why! Learn more at jobs.desertfinancial.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.