Who you are...
You're a strong negotiator who enjoys connecting with members to find solutions for delinquent accounts in a fast-paced, goal-oriented department. You're collaborative by nature, and easily work closely with other collectors and lead collectors to complete claims and follow-up on collection activities.
A typical week might include the following...
- Answer telephone calls regarding account inquiries and payment collection. Respond to inquiries in a timely and effective manner, negotiating payments and evaluating the customer's financial situation to provide solutions based on individual needs.
- Review and update accounts that have been referred for repossession and/or legal action and apply appropriate regulations; FDCPA, state collection laws, and HIPPA.
- Identify the root cause of financial hardship(s) in order to offer appropriate solutions and recommend repayment plans and hardship programs, such as re-age, loan extensions, and loss mitigation options when applicable. Highlight the importance of maintaining account(s) in good standing and provide guidance and resolutions alternate payment programs in order to assist customers/members.
- Perform various administrative functions for our customers, such as recording address changes and other contact information. Accurately document information regarding the financial status of customers and the status of collection efforts.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This role might be for you if you have... (required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 years of collection, call center, or account servicing experience
- Ability to multi-task and communicate multiple channels including phone, email, and chat.
- Good computer skills/typing skills, strong probing, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to balance effective time management and quality of work for positive outcomes; must be able to prioritize assignments to produce large volumes of work with exceptional accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain excellent rapport with customers and team members.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Bonus points if you have... (preferred)
- 1 years of credit union knowledge experience.
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
We are considered leaders in the local credit union space, and we are growing like crazy. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continuous learning...and our people love it. A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Come find out why! Learn more at jobs.desertfinancial.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.