Benefits Specialist II
The Benefits Specialist II is responsible for ensuring that the Credit Union's employee benefit programs are administered in accordance with plan provisions and legal regulations. They will serve as the primary contact for day-to-day administration of all employee benefits programs.
In a typical week you will do the following…
- Perform day-to-day administration of all employee benefit programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement plans, leave programs, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, workers’ compensation, recognition programs, wellness programs, education, and other Credit Union-sponsored benefit programs.
- Responsible for all vendor management activities including day-to-day management, compliance with established processes and agreed-upon service levels, and the resolution of issues.
- Provide excellent customer service that is timely, accurate, and supportive while being attentive to the sensitivity and confidential nature of various benefit-related questions, problems, or issues. Work closely with third party administrators and vendors to resolve benefit issues and discrepancies.
- Support data validation activities, report preparation and filing, audits, new hire orientation, open enrollment, and projects related to employee benefits.
- Perform clerical functions, including but not limited to organizing, updating, maintaining, purging, and archiving databases, files, records, and other documents. Prepare new hire benefit packets and benefit enrollment materials. Prepare and maintain benefit communications online.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This role might be right for you if you have…
High School Diploma or GED required.
3 years of benefits experience.
Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements .
Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS/Benefits systems.
Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on the proposals (RFPs).
Bonus points if you have...
Your PHR - Professional Human Resources Certification
We are considered leaders in the local credit union space, and we are growing like crazy. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continuous learning...and our people love it. A full 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends. Come find out why! Learn more at https://www.switchthink.com/careers
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.